Did you know that approximately every 3 minutes one person in the United States is diagnosed with a blood cancer? By the time you read this post, 2 more families will be affected. Worlds rocked. Lives changed. It can happen to anyone at anytime. But, HOPE can be restored because of access to treatments and research to find a cure. This is exactly why I am running on Boston’s Team in Training for LLS. This is why I’m asking you to join our team!
Team Alyssa Update:
I went public with my news about being asked to join Boston’s Team in Training for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society just 3 days ago and we are already 35% of the way to our $10,000 goal! There is still a long way to go and we are certainly hoping a lot more people join Team Alyssa in fighting cancer one mile at a time, but I am personally so thankful to each and every one of you who has offered an encouraging word, helped with fundraising ideas and efforts, and of course provided financial support!!
- We currently have 6 Platinum+ Level supporters who will have their name, an “in memory of” name, or a company logo displayed on the “Team Alyssa” t-shirts which will be sold as a fundraiser. We are looking for any additional local businesses who would like to support LLS and be represented in this way. Let me know if you are interested!
- We currently have 15 Gold+ Level supporters whose names will all be on the shirt that I wear to run the Boston marathon.
- We currently have 58 people in our Team Alyssa Facebook group who are all supporting and encouraging.
- We are working on some really fun and exciting fundraising ideas!! Stay tuned! And, let me know if you have an idea!
- And… today, Team Alyssa moved into the #5 spot for Top Fundraisers on the Boston Team in Training team, with $3,504.40 going to raise funds and awareness to help find cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients! You guys rock! Way to go!
Please continue to follow My Journey to Boston at http://www.alyssadourte.com.
Please join our team! We need your help to reach our goal of $10,000 raised by my birthday, January 16th! It takes more than one person to make up a team and that’s why I’m asking you to join me, so together we can fight cancer one mile at a time! Would you please:
- Star: Give a $3 Starbucks/week toward LLS through Jan. 16th – $42
- Super: Sponsor me at $2/mile for the 26.2 mile Boston marathon – $54.40
- Silver: Sponsor me at 10 cents/mile for every training mile I’ll log – $80
- Gold: Sign your name on the shirt I’ll wear to run in Boston – $100+
- Platinum: Team Alyssa t-shirt sponsor- have your name/ logo on it – $250+ (Team Alyssa t-shirts will be sold as a fundraiser and worn by friends and family attending the Boston marathon.)
- Titanium: Sign a name on the shirt I’ll wear to run Boston; Have your name/logo on Team Alyssa t-shirts; Have company advertised on Team Alyssa FB page & other social media; Receive a drink on me on April 18th if you’re in Boston! – $500+
- Elite: All of Titanium; Dinner on me on April 18th if you’re in Boston: REI Duffle Bag with LLS logo and DOUBLE the tax write-off J! – $1,000+
- Share my story with friends, family, and local businesses!
Your donation will help fund treatments that save lives every day; like immunotherapies that use a person’s own immune system to kill cancer. You may not know it, but every single donation helps save a life with breakthrough therapies such as these. Patients need these cures and they need your support.
Please make a donation in support of my efforts to run the Boston Marathon with Team In Training and help get us all closer to a world without blood cancers,http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/boston16/adourte